The Black American Comptroller Employees Association, Inc. (BACE) is now accepting applications for the 2018 BACE Educational Scholarship Award. BACE is dedicated to the promotion of an awareness and appreciation for the African- American culture and heritage by supporting charitable and educational activities. The BACE Educational Scholarship Award recognizes merit in academics, leadership, and the potential for success in special talent areas such as athletics and the arts, regardless of race or ethnicity. BACE will award up to three (3) $500 scholarships to deserving high school seniors and one (1) undergraduate students during the 2018 Juneteenth Celebration.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
- Complete the 2018 BACE Scholarship Award Application;
- Be a graduating high school senior or a current undergraduate student;
- Have at least a 2.5 grade point average;
- Plan to attend or are currently attending an accredited post-secondary educational institution.
Applicants must submit ALL of the following documents to be considered for a scholarship:
- The 2018 BACE Scholarship Award Application;
- A two to three page typed essay in Modern Language Association (MLA) format. (Visit http://www.mla.org/style for instructions on MLA);
- Three (3) letters of recommendation;
- Scholastic Aptitude Test / American Colleges Testing (SAT/ACT) assessment scores (not applicable to undergraduates);
- Original sealed high school or current college transcript.
Application Submission Information
Applicants will automatically be disqualified if all required documents are not submitted and postmarked by May 11, 2018.
Mail applications to:Black American Comptroller Employees Association, Inc.
Attention: BACE Scholarship Committee
Post Office Box 13412
Austin, Texas 78711-3412
The scholarship award must be used within one year of the date awarded. Download the 2018 BACE Scholarship Award Application.
Radie Cannady, Co-Chair
Phone: 512 475-0143
Phone: 512 517-0173